You have questions, we have answers!
Ascend by GlobalLogic (a Hitachi Group Company) is a new and unique career accelerator program that enables early-career IT professionals to rapidly gain the skills and the certification to become a Digital Engineer. It consists of a curated training program, an internship with real GlobalLogic clients, and an opportunity to transition to your own client project at GlobalLogic.
GlobalLogic, a Hitachi Group Company, is a leader in digital product engineering. We help our clients design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating our strategic design, complex engineering, and vertical industry expertise with Hitachi’s Operating Technology and Information Technology capabilities, we help our clients imagine what’s possible and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare & life sciences, media and entertainment, manufacturing, semiconductor, and technology industries. To learn more, visit www.globallogic.com.
Not all IT job roles are created equal. Some are really in-demand, while others are in decline. As you weigh your career path, it’s very important to understand which skill sets will give you the most growth opportunities in the next decade. In today’s world, the composite technical skills needed to be a “Digital Engineer” are the most sought-after by businesses across all industries. Digital Engineers are builders — they create software products, platforms, and experiences that companies bet their futures on. Digital Engineers:
- Work on new, revenue-generating digital products and experiences
- Have a range of skills — from embedded programming, to cloud software architecture, to mobile development
- Understand how to work in an Agile development environment
- Specialize in hot composite skills (e.g., full-stack Java, Android, C#, .NET) and know how to combine them with other skills like REST and MongoDB
- Can also serve as QA automation experts (i.e., the person who will put together the automated testbed that will assure the software works as designed)
- India: Noida, Nagpur, Chennai (remote instruction)
- Ukraine: Any location (remote)
- Argentina: Buenos Aires, Mendoza
- Slovakia: Any location (remote)
In addition to the minimum qualifications listed in the previous FAQ, below are some essential skills and preferred skills for applicants:
- Strong understanding of Data Structures, Design Patterns, and Relational Database Design Principles
- Independent learner with a passion for learning new technologies and a creative problem solving approach
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to express their understanding and thoughts
- Adaptable to new ideas and possessing an out-of-the-box problem-solving approach
- Effective interpersonal communication skills in a highly collaborative team environment
- Experience in NoSQL/ PostgreSQL or equivalent RDBMS
- Understanding of Agile Development methodologies
Ascend program participants will spend 4-6 months as a paid “trainee” before graduating to their own client project at GlobalLogic. You will spend up to 3 months in an immersive, full-time training program to develop your Digital Engineering skills, followed by an internship with a live GlobalLogic project team.
Yes! When you are accepted into the Ascend program, GlobalLogic will hire you as a full-time employee. For the first 4-6 months of your employment, you will participate in a training and internship program to get “upskilled.” After successfully graduating from the program, you will then be placed onto a team to put your new skills to use on a live project!
Yes! Once accepted into the program, you become a GlobalLogic employee. You are paid a salary throughout your training and internship, with opportunities for additional raises after graduating to your full-time role. Ascend program graduates will have some of the hottest skills in the industry.
Depending on your location, the Ascend program instruction will be conducted either virtually or in-person at one of GlobalLogic’s engineering centers. We will follow local health orders and regulations in regards to COVID-19. If required, training may be conducted virtually.